Shehar-i-Kashmir, the two-volume publication presents the mapping of the architectural and cultural assets of the city of Srinagar, capturing the medieval world charm of this city. the book comprises:
- Geographic and socio-cultural history of Kashmir.
- Evolution of the Srinagar city and its settlement pattern.
- Monumental, colonial, and vernacular architectural traditions of the region along with various building typologies.
- Decorative and architectural elements that define Kashmiri architecture along with pictorial representation.
- Architectural and Historical description, conditional assessment and grading of more than 800 hundred listed properties with photographs of religious, residential, civic, public, natural and man-made sites including the historic Mughal Gardens.
The book also includes tables on major socio-cultural events of the city, man-made and natural disasters, as well as residential neighborhoods associated with different arts and crafts of Kashmir. The listed properties in the boo have been mapped on a heritage map for 130 sqkm of the historic city of Srinagar and its colonial extensions.
INTACH Kashmir Chapter 2nd floor,Government building,East block,Press Enclave, Regal chowk,
Srinagar 190001 (J&K) INDIA
© 2017 INTACH J&K CHAPTER. All rights reserved | Design And Developed by Logichub Software Solutions